Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Gurtukostunnaiii....

Hi Friends,
Hope you all are doing wonders in your respective jobs and lives. Those who are married would be doing a bit more as well.I would love to write this in Telugu. But, I found that the fonts are not readable, hence I chose to write this in English.

I would like to share my first day feelings at LB College. Before I started in Kakinda, at 4.15 AM on, to catch the train, I remembered my Mom's words " you should enter the class room only after 9.30am but before 11.30 am". As usual, At that time, I felt myself as an achiever, who stood in 335th position out of 45,000 people who competed for a seat in MCA. I was about to start a bright but difficult, and, one of the best phases in my life. COLLEGE LIFE... away from Home... for the first time.

I reached Vizag at around 9.15am. As I am new to Vizag, it took some time for me catch hold of a correct bus and go to college. It almost took 1.5 hrs for me to reach the college. Some how I managed to get in to the PG block. I was told that the class for new comers is in some top ( I dont remember the exact floor). So I started climbing the stair case, thinking... how the class would like, how about the people, and, as I am late by 2.5hrs, I was really scared about my reception by the lecturer. More than that, I was really bothered about the questioning looks, that would thrown on to me by the entire class. I was mentally preparing myself to handle the situation. And, I reached the floor on where the class was being conducted. I couldn't locate the room no. I stopped to ask a someone the exact room location. I have seen a naughty smile on his face and he was over whelming with joy. Couldn't understand why. He asked me "Are you an MCA fresher?" With all the pride I had in the train, I told, YES.

He then asked me to follow him. I followed him. He took me to a room where there were hardly 5 to 8 people. I was confused. They immediately closed the door. I realized then, they were seniors and eagerly waiting for a person to rag. I think Rahman Sir didn't allow any of them to rag the guys who came on time. And the person who had that naughty smile on his face was... the person who is more naughtier than his smile... Srikanth. Then story goes as usual. Same ragging stuff. I some how handled it to the best of my knowledge. They left me, I think after 45 mins. Then I rushed to the class room. When I was about to enter the class, I saw people coming out it. Along with them came Rahman Sir. The class was over. I didnt get a chance to sit in the class room on the first day of the college. I felt very sad. But, I entered the class room and had a look at it. I sat there for few minutes and came out.
In the evening, I went to my cousins place, Anakapalli. I shuttled between AKP and Vizag
for 3 days and went back home to I start my MCA student life my luggage, a bag of vessels to cook food, bedding and a Table Fan, which, I was supposed to use for the next 3 years.

Friends.... this is just a beginning of my sweet memories at LBC. The more I think about them, I recollect more. So more to come in my next blog....


Till then...

Bye.

Kiran

No comments: