Saturday, December 1, 2007

When I first met our Great Rahman Sir



That was our MCA Counseling day. I don't quite remember the range of ranks for counseling.
I came with my brother for counseling, and he has a friend from Bullayya college who knows Rahman Sir. His name is Ramesh, and he introduced me to Rahman Sir.
Rahman sir had looked at me and he complemented me by saying "Hey Bill gates, How are you?". I was shocked at his gratitude. Thats the greatness of our Rahman Sir. He just catches every ones attention and I should say he being our professor in Final year is one of the good things happened to our batch.
Rahman sir came for counseling as a representative professor for Bullayya college. And we had been talking for an hour about which college I would be getting, which is the good college of Bullayya, Gayatri, Pydah and none the least our exam centre Samatha.
We have even thought of an option of Anakapalli college for my Rank is 227.
By that time it were student of Rank numbers 110-130(if I remember it correctly) have finished the counsel ling, and AU Campus seats have been completed and 10-15 seats of GITAM college are also occupied.
After talking for an hour, we had a short lunch with Rahman Sir and I was very much tensed whether I would be getting Gayatri college or not.
Gayatri college seats are also occupied and people outside are thinking of pydah to Bullayya due to campus interviews, and later my rank number 227 was announced and i preferred Bullayya to Pydah, which i think a good decision.
One good thing happened to us is that in that year GITAM had increased the seat limit to 60, Bullayya also to 60.

Will soon write a few more memories of my stint in Bullayya college and Vizag.

As we are getting more Spam mails in our Bullayya college yahoo group why don't we start a new google group.

Or else suggest a name.....all good points would be noted and taken forward.
If not possible to create plzzz suggest....

Happy Blogging.....

No comments: